Thursday, February 16, 2017

Brain Freeze

 I finally finished sewing down all the pieced sections on my mini quilt and then promptly proceeded to goof it up. For some reason I can't explain I sewed the binding on before I had made the quilt sandwich. It took some adjusting but I managed to figure out how to work around the problem.




Things got even goofier when I tried to follow the directions for the sleeve on the back that holds the quilt on the little frame.


The designer gives a very vague description of what has to happen and for a non-sewer like me it took a lot of hits or misses until I finally figured out what should be going on. That's as far as I got. I had used up all my brain power for the day. It doesn't take much anymore.

10 comments:

  1. You got a lot further than I would've gotten. It does look very nice though. I love the pattern.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini quilt looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwww. :-( Some days are like that. The quilted front is very pretty though. You can feel good about THAT part, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is pretty. When I read the title of your post though, I confess all I could think of was a frozen margarita! Which, by the way, I could go for right now at 9 a.m.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing much better than I am. It would be down right dangerous for me to try and use my sewing machine right now. I'm way to distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have sewing days like that. Sometimes it just sucks up all your brain juice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did make progress-save up your brain power for a few days to tackle it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some days are like that, but at least you didn't chop it up like a friend of mine did when she was having a bad sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks fantastic. I seem to have even less brain power lately, maybe the weird warm weather is sucking it out of me, that or my cold of three weeks.

    ReplyDelete