Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pointless

It's been a long time now since September 11th turned into something other than just another day on the calendar. Goodness, I've lived through a lot of crappy times. JFK. MLK. RFK. The day John Lennon was shot. Columbine. The DC sniper attacks. Virginia Tech. The Boston Marathon bombings. Newtown. The day I thought my son was inside the Navy Yard when 12 people were killed. MH17.  Gee...that is a lot of bad people doing a lot of bad things. I could go on and on but I don't really have an intelligent observation to make about all this other than like every other teacher on the planet since the beginning of time, I spent my life teaching little kids how to play nice together. Wasn't anybody listening? Come on people, play nice.

3 comments:

  1. Hear, hear! I was home alone and have never felt so ft off in my life. I think the radical pot is bubbling again.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absolutely amazes me that the world is fighting over the same thing it was 1000 years ago.
    All you can do is your best and hope you make some small difference in your little corner!

    ReplyDelete