Friday, September 5, 2014

Dog Days

Ewww......it's hot and muggy out. It's been miserable for several days now and I hate it. Everything outside is steamy and rotten. Yuck.

The entire perimeter of the house is covered in spiderwebs. As soon as you step out of the door you are covered. Ugh.


There is hope. Fall is on the way. You can feel it.


 Until it gets here I'll be fighting the good fight against the vermin that invades at the end of every summer.


 The battle of the fleas has just begun. I am swearing by this stuff.


 You can't breathe it so I must don this fetching mask while I lay down a very thin layer in all the nooks and crannies where the critters spend the most time. I protect the pets from it too. It goes on the stuff not them.


The kitties get a spot treatment but the dogs get bathing and combing. I can't stand to put chemicals on the things that I cuddle with. Our cats aren't cuddly or tolerant of frequent baths so they get the icky stuff between the shoulder blades, poor things. With the help of the AC and the dehumidifier, I've been winning the daily battles but there's still a long way to go to win the war. Oorah.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fleas, I'm itching just thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoulder drops make two cats sick and another two lose their hair so I had to find an alternative. Co-star works for dogs and cats; one pill twice a month and voila, we're all happy. It's worth every penny (dollar) . Our vermin season doesn't strike until December but it's just as miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know some people have had problems with the drops - but I swear by them. I've been told that the ones from the vet are far superior (and cause less issues) than the over the counter ones. I've never bought the over the counter ones, so I can't say - but since those things came out, we haven't had a flea problem.

    In fact, the last time I saw a flea was when I brought Rocky home from the barn! Almost nine years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate the fleas! Beatles is the only cat that goes out to the grass/yard in his screened tunnel or on his leash. he gets vectra treatments between the shoulder blades monthly.
    I hate ticks more than fleas. Fleas are a nuisance and icky but tics carry disease and trick you!

    ReplyDelete