Thursday, September 18, 2014

Piles to Go Before I Rest


It's no secret that I have a fiber issue. I have more than anyone has the right to.


Ages ago, I gave a bin of leftovers to Daddio so he could prep it for me. That's code for giving him something useless to do to keep him busy and out of trouble.


 When I was cleaning up his house I found the bin and sat on his kitchen floor for quite a while in a fiber induced stupor.


 Things like this make people like me start to itch with the anticipation of spinning. I don't need a reason. I just need to do it.


 I brought the bin home and played with it. I had an empty spindle.


 Those lovely fat locks opened up so nicely. They are Corriedale from a fleece I washed and dyed several years ago.



 Just a small piece of lock drafted into a decent sized ribbon of fluff....


 ....which spun beautifully. I certainly have enough fiber to worry about with dragging home orphan fiber to play with but I just couldn't stop myself. I should have tossed it but I couldn't. I'm already seeing socks.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun project! I am impressed with the stash! There's great spinning in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this way any time I step into my studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spin without shame!!! spin and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete