Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Wednesday WIPs

 

Yesterday morning we headed out early to town so The Mister could get his pre-op medical stuff taken care of. It's across the street from a park and I walked Pup while we waited for him and then we had a breakfast picnic. It was another 80 degree day here but the early morning was pleasantly cool. 



Pup was very excited. She can smell a McDonald's a mile away. The only time she holds her ears up is if there is McDonald's involved. 



Breakfast was.......interesting. There were no utensils in the bag or syrup. I had to make a scrambled egg taco which wasn't actually too bad. I can't tell you the last time I had a McDonald's breakfast so as bad as it was it was still a treat. 




I got some knitting done while we walked. I'm at the point where I have to decide when to start the heel on these two. They are man socks so I'm always uncertain about them. 




The two at a timers are past the heel gusset now. 




Back at home I had socks and hats drying. I gave them a rinse and spin to get the dust off in hopes that fall temps will be showing up soon. They are saying it might be this weekend. I hope they are right. 





5 comments:

  1. When the cool arrives, you'll be ready.

    Pup is adorable! (Is Pup her name, or do you just call her pup? Inquiring minds, you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first pair of socks in progress - gorgeous colors. Pup and McDonald's - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pup is so sweet. Our Zoey's ears are quite expressive too, but you can read Lizzie's mood quite easy by the placement of her ears at any given time.
    How silly that McDonalds didn't give you either silverware or syrup. What were they thinking? I do like their pancakes but it's been years.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hot an sweater here too - only 9:30 and it's already 22C. We aren't quite hitting 30C, but I think today might be close.

    Pup is so cute! Love those little ears up!

    I don't know what it is, but COVID seems to have killed any quality left in the food service industry. We rarely get an order where something isn't missing or wrong. This morning we stopped at Burger King and got breakfast, with a diet coke for Dave and a regular coke for me. They were BOTH diet coke. She even said, as she handed them over "This one is the regular, and this one is the diet" ... so it's not like she misheard and thought it was supposed to be two diet cokes! Sign.... (I'm very grumpy if I don't have my Coke in the morning and I can't stand diet Coke).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do make an adventure to your 'routine' appointments!

    ReplyDelete