Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

I usually show off my knitting progress on Wednesday but nothing looks much different than last week in spite of a lot of time spent on it. Riddari is in time out because I ran out of black yarn. It should be here today. In the meantime, the downstairs re-do is still going on. We took a trip out to a flooring store in Annapolis yesterday to buy the laminate. We can't pick it up until the 20th but they gave me two little samples to admire until then. It's lighter than the upstairs and grayer. 



We did all that painting last week and never thought about the closet until we measured for the floor. I'll be painting that today and hopefully getting the first coat on the trim. The Mister's going out to lunch with friends so I'll be doing it alone which isn't a problem since a closet is a one man job anyway. 




I know I've got more quilting projects on the go than I should have but I had to tune up my old machine and give it a good cleaning. When I gave it a test drive I found myself chain piecing these little blocks from my giant collection of charm squares. It was a pattern that I saw Kate making on The Last Homely House on Sunday. I'm not going gung ho on this one but it's nice to have some piecing work to do when the mood hits. These 3 inch blocks are perfect when you just a have a few minutes to spare. 





And......I made some kettle corn on Friday and I can't stop eating it. The Mister bought a small bag at the Friday night block party thing and gave me just a handful. I was curious so I looked up a video and tried making some myself and it WAS SO GOOD. Even the burnt parts are tasty. It's been 4 days and it just keeps getting better. It's magic. 






5 comments:

  1. The re-do is really moving along! Sometimes it's nice to get things done by yourself. My husband went to lunch with friends yesterday and I got the lawn mowed and trimmed. He likes to give directions when he's here but somehow I managed without his supervision. I may need to make some kettle corn; I don't think I've ever had it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chain piecing blocks are so pretty. I will NOT look up how to make kettle corn...I know I would not be able to stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so pretty, and now I am craving kettle corn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you need a small piecing project on the go like that - for when you only have an hour or two to sew, and all your other projects are too big, and complicated

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice progress on your renovation--the flooring is pretty! The chain piecing is so engaging to make! Yum to the kettle corn!

    ReplyDelete