Thursday, May 9, 2024

Snow Day

 

How I'm spending my time.




How my sister's spending hers. She's in Crater Lake Oregon and it doesn't seem to be as hot there as it's been here. It was 86 degrees here yesterday but it didn't matter to me because I was in a closet painting all day.




When I was done, I had time to sort out some knitting issues. I ran out of one of the colors I was striping these handspun socks with. I had used just the orange/red ball for the ribbing, toe and heel on the first one but now it's all gone. I've found something similar in the handspun bin but my matchy matchy alarm bells have already gone off. I'm just going to figure out a way to knit through that noise. There's nothing else to do. 




And.......my black yarn is here for Riddari. You might be surprised to know it's being knit in this. Not wool. This is meant to be my dog walking sweater. I usually wear a ratty old sweatshirt because I always seem to be carrying or holding a wet or muddy Pup for one reason or another. I'm no yarn snob when it comes to things that take a beating and this sweater certainly will. Poor thing. 











8 comments:

  1. Painting a closet all day in 86-degree weather vs a snowy landscape in Oregon? Your sister wins. Next time you should go with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how often you see old acrylic sweaters at thrift stores - they last forever! Acrylic yarn definitely has its uses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a yarn snob for a while but no more! I think it is a good idea. So pretty! I can't believe the amount of snow still in Oregon!!! It is very warm here, too, and the humidity is sneaking back! The socks will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like your sister got to Crater Lake pretty fast. I remember being there as a kid...it was July (I think) and there was a little snow, but not that much. Those socks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much stuff going on everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there is so much going on with the colors (in a good way) in those socks that it should drown out the alarm bells in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crater Lake is at a pretty high elevation--there's a road that loops around the whole thing and often that isn't opened for the whole loop until after the 4th of July. It is so pretty though! I hope the painting goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Acrylic has come a long ways. It’s not the plastic feeling stuff of the 70s and 80s. I think I’ve made 3 this year and seem to wear them a lot. I prefer nice expensive wool but not a snob. And for kids and charity nothing wrong with acrylic although for mitts I do try to use wool for warmth.
    Cheryl. Aka seajaes on ravelry

    ReplyDelete