Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

Some weeks you stitch and some weeks you unstitch. I had the pattern upside down. Hopefully next week you will see a big snail crawling up the side where the little houses used to be. Sigh.....





In other news, I received a major award in the mail yesterday. It seems my guess of a lion earned me this package of goodies from Kim. That's a bento bag, in case you are wondering. I am very fond of those Japanese bags and find them very handy, especially for transporting delicate fiber as there are no zippers or other closure type things that snag or pull. 




I had an ah ha moment with that skein of yarn. It's been raining non-stop here for days so I've had plenty of time to get caught up on some projects, my weaving being one of them. It's getting ridiculously long but I'm not stopping until I get the next warp wound. I hate an empty loom.




I always weave a bit and then spend some time warping the next project which has been slow going this time around. While I was working I was thinking about an easier way to make scarves and was trying to think of a soft enough multi color fingering weight to do that with. I am a bit over tying on all these different colors individually. Madelyn Tosh to the rescue! It's pretty and soft. As soon as I get this project over with I'm going to try to build another scarf around that pretty rose colored skein. 
Thanks so much Kim! 










4 comments:

  1. Ah yes...frogging comes to us all occasionally. Very pretty weaving and what a pretty bento bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the snail shows up by next week and you keep up with that epic weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, exciting things going on (except for the unstitching!)! I think that is a good idea to have another project to warp on right after the last--I am lamenting the empty loom! It is so relaxing to weave for half an hour each day!

    ReplyDelete