Tuesday, January 12, 2021

TNT: Every Stitch Counts

 

I don't have much to show for this week because all my time went to finishing the blue snowflake top. I did get one little snowflake done on the winter sampler. 



I stitched one more little sheep on the big sampler. 



I did finish this crewel sampler block but there wasn't much to it. Notice that they gave you pretty much no spare material. You can't put the edge blocks in a frame so it's been slow going and not much fun to tell you the truth.



Somehow I got one more block of hand quilting done on this old project. Hand quilting is like playing the guitar if you take a break your fingers pay for it when you go back to it. I'm not at the ouchie stage yet but I'm getting there. 



10 comments:

  1. Hoo Boy! I know what you're talking about with hand quilting. I did a queen sized quilt and then a month later started Mandy's full/queen sized one. I should have done them together because my finger callus's had to be re-toughened up. Ouh!
    I don't think I would even do the crewel kit because I wouldn't be able to think of a good way to use it. As you said, not enough to finish it in any nice way that I ca tell.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your crewel project - that is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how cross stitch takes SO much longer than you think it will. You really got quite a bit done on your projects.

    Not sure I could deal with the crewel though. Stitching in hand is NOT my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In spite of most of your time going to the quilt, you still made progress on the cross stitch! You can sew strips to your crewel piece-just use light fabric and a very small stitch length then you can get it in your frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baste some fabric to the edge of your crewel project to allow the use of a frame. The basting stitches and fabric can be removed when they are no longer needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the ouchy part! I have a whole quilt to do...I am not sure I will ever finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects look great! I was telling my sister how amazed I always am that you have so many projects going at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you baste the crewel project to some other fabric so you have a better edge to get it in a frame?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks to my like you got a lot accomplished! Would it help to use a smaller hoop on your crewel project? I think if you took it off when you quit stitching it wouldn't stretch the fabric too much. That narrow border they left must be annoying; it does look like a pretty project though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed a look-see at all your projects, I love the house and sheep one! I have x-stitch project I need to get to, but right now I'm immersed in my Lucy Meadow blanket. I'm on color #4 out of 15 colors! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete