Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Power of Pink

 

In 2016 I was pretty upset about the election results-so I knit a hat.



Over a million of us did. It was the largest single day protest in the history of our nation's capital. We listened to words of wisdom that have served us well in the years since. We took the House two years later with a record number of women elected, we've got the first woman Vice President about to take office and now we have the Senate thanks to the hard work of one very remarkable woman. 



I had the time of my life that day. It was inspiring. It was uplifting. It was fun. This is my favorite photo. It's a policeman on top of his car dancing and laughing with the crowd. The police were wonderful. My heart breaks that they are taking so much heat for what appears to be a catastrophic failure of leadership. I rode home on the Metro that day filled with good will having had my faith in this country restored. 




Now contrast that day with this. On that brilliant January 21 in 2017 day we had worries about the future of our nation under our new administration but never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined this. Never. 




I struggled all week how to put into words what I've been feeling-and now I'm done. 
It's time for the next chapter.