Sunday, June 23, 2019

Tea for One


 I needed to christen the new soap work area but I was nervous. That shiny new floor is scary. I make a mess when I do soapy stuff so I decided to start out with something simple.



 I bought a kit to make bath tea.



It comes with a giant bag of dried herbs and flowers that smells like roses and mint. It's actually dried chamomile, rose petals, juniper berries, rosemary and spearmint.



 There are also lots of little bags of European spa salts. I also added some coconut milk, yogurt and baking soda to the recipe.



They are fun to make. You fill these giant tea bags with the mixture....




 ...and then heat seal it.



Before I knew it I had a big pile of them. In the summer it's nice to have a good soak that doesn't involve any added oils or citric acid. I love my bath fizzies but you can definitely overdo them.


These are a nice change. Simple and soothing.....but you don't want to play with them or let them drift under running water. You just have to let them float gently. All that coarse salt takes a long time to melt. I can tell you that those flowers and herbs are a mess to clean up out of the tub if it bursts open if for some strange reason you decide to give it a squeeze. It took me a couple of baths to finally get it right-but it was worth it.

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like one RELAXING bath! I bet it smells wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looks interesting. I've never heard of bath tea. The ingredients sound lovely though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something I have never seen before, but I am definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I'll bet it smelled absolutely wonderful! What a great way to start off in your new room - creating something brand new to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! I can just imagine the fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can just imagine the aroma now....
    Very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete