Thursday, June 6, 2019

Product Placement

 I had a big laugh at the mailbox yesterday. Look what showed up. For me. I had to check the name and address twice. It was mine alright. I don't know where Giant Foods gets there info but there hasn't been a baby around here in almost 36 years. I don't even go down the baby aisle.



 It was full of goodies though. I did enjoy that Special K Pastry Bar. It was really yummy.



Then there was this. It was not so funny. The Mister brought it home because he knows I like mango. After dinner I scooped out a half cup serving and dove in. At first bite it was delicious then.......I felt like my mouth and throat were on fire. I freaked out. Something was wrong. All I could think of was lye. Did someone mix up the sugar with lye at the factory? Argh....it was getting worse and nothing was stopping the burn. I looked at the package and saw......it was a "spicy" mango flavor. It was spicy all right. It took a bottle of tums and even a Pepcid to put out that fire that lasted into the next day. Whew...hot ice cream, I've never heard of such a thing.

8 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the baby bag! That's hilarious.
    My our best friends went out to dinner for their anniversary and the restaurant brought them complimentary ice cream for the celebration. She thought it was vanilla bean because the vanilla ice cream had "specks" in it. She dug in and wowwie! She said her mouth burned for several days. It was some sort of pepper in the ice cream. Apparently a "new" flavor. She was NOT happy and it it kind of ruined their anniversary dinner.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy idea to have spicy ice cream!!!
    The goodie bag sure would be a funny delivery!
    I'm sure you could find someone who could use all that baby stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spicy ice cream??? That's just WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? Spicy ice cream! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! that icecream is just crazy pants. I have a friend from Jamaica and she's always trying to get me to eat chocolate bars with chili peppers in them. No thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess we are in the minority....Steve and I would both be all over the "spicy" ice creams!!! Our favorite ice pops at the Hippo was the habanero strawberry. BUT ..........in Betsy's comment, the restaurant should have warned that the ice cream was spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot ice cream -- that's an oxymoron!
    I cannot do spicy, so I would have suffered, too.
    The packaging could have been more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the warning about the ice cream:)

    ReplyDelete