Sunday, June 9, 2019

Knitting with Dragons


There was a technical difficulty with the dragon boat races yesterday. The Bay was not in a good mood. Between the wind and the waves they couldn't put the boats out to race in open water.



 For those on the shore it was a perfect day-cool, cloudy and breezy. It was so nice we decided to take Pup along after all.


 Instead of racing, the boats did a tug of war type of thing near the shore. It was a big yawn.



 No matter. It was also World Wide Knit in Public Day so I grabbed a bench on the pier and knit away.



 I wasn't the only one who brought their craft along.



In spite of the weather issues the teams seemed to be having a good time. There were trolls....



 ....and angels and lots of other teams dressed up in crazy outfits. I always love to see the outfits and the booths they set up. They line the road for several blocks.



 Pup's favorite part was sitting on a shady bench near the food trucks waiting for lunch.




It wasn't fancy but it was good. You can't beat fries at the beach.

10 comments:

  1. Hope Pup got a little bite of fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed knitting in public day! Oops! Oh well. It looks like a great time even if the racing didn't go off. I would have had a blast just looking at those costumes. Love the trolls hair! And it looks like Pup was pleased to be along on the outing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Pup was able to go on the outing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful outing even though the conditions prevented the races. Love the photo of you knitting on the pier. Food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the races but glad the weather cleared enough for you to be outdoors. Sounds like you had a nice day despite the water's bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not knit in public but whenever I can I do so I will settle for that. It looks like a very fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any blog that has "there were trolls...and angels" is awesome! What a shame that the dragon boats couldn't race but it looks like all of you still had a wonderful time! Yea! for Pup going along to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely day for a stroll! I hope pup enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it is always a let down when the festivities get changed. I knit not in public yesterday. In fact I didn't leave the house yesterday......or did I? Oh I did. I got my new glasses. We are a mess here still. Crying, trying to let ourselves heal. Still in disbelief that the little orange amazing cat Bear left us so suddenly last week. I think I better get out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, kinda like a fish and chips lunch! Glad you made the most of the day!

    ReplyDelete