Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Needles and Pins

 This is the last of the piles. Everything else that was heaped in my living area has found a place or a new home.


 This is the spot where I am making the mini bolts for the shelf in the new sewing nook.



 I am addicted to making these cute little things. Who knew it was so much fun? The only problem was that I ran out of pins. The tutorial I was following has you pin the backs.



 So off I went to Micheal's to pick up pins. It was on the way home from Ikea which is a whole other story for another day but look what I found. The Caron X Bamboo was on sale. Half price. I bought a bunch of all the prettiest colors.

One night when I couldn't sleep I played with Caron's online pattern site where you can actually change the hat colors to find the combo you like best. This pattern is for the bulky wool X but I can't do wool on my head because of the itch factor so I'm going to see what I can figure out with the bamboo/acrylic worsted.


Now about those pins I went for. I had no idea pins were so darn expensive. $3.99 for a small package. I even stopped at Walmart to see if I could do better and they were $2.99 which I still thought was a lot.  At least they came with a container. Micheal's did not. Now that I know how pricey they are I'm going to take better care of them for sure. Who knew? Of course this is all coming from someone who thinks nothing of plopping down $30 for some sock yarn.

12 comments:

  1. Those mini-bolts are cool! Is the fabric wrapped around cardboard or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's something called magazine board that I got from Amazon. It's just sheets of stiff cardboard.

      Delete
  2. Now that is really nice to see all of that organization done so well!!! I spend even more for my pins cuz I only buy the glass head ones!
    Love that you happened upon the sale for the Caron yarn---it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun way to store fabric - easy to spot and to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mini bolts look so cute and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mini-bolts, too, and immediately put them in my shopping cart! Straight pins without a holder? They all do end up in one of my pincushions but they'd probably end up on the floor first - I'm famous for dumping things like that on the floor ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pins are pricey, but if you find cheaper ones, beware - they tend not to be sharp. I have a crap tonne of pins I can barely poke through anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore those mini-bolts of fabric. What a fun way to store it. Just like shopping. Michaels 40% off coupon would have helped a bit. I can't believe how expensive crafting supplies are. I hoard my pins in a pincushion I've had since high school. You know. That big FAT tomato kind!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabrics are just beautiful! The colors are so happy looking. It has been a long time since I have purchased pins and I would be shocked at the Michaels' price.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't the price of pins crazy? They can't possibly be that expensive to make. Why on earth are they so expensive? And stitch markers are the same way. $4 or $5 for 8 little rubber rings. Why????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to try that Caron Site. HOW FUN. I love what you came up with

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wondered about the price of pins, too. Why are they so expensive?
    I am in awe of your organizing. I know I will get more done and be more focused when (and if!) I ever get things organized.

    ReplyDelete