Thursday, June 13, 2019

Almost........


 Hello bloggy friends. How about a silly selfie of me in my magnifying glasses putting down molding in the stash room? I thought I'd be done but we are not so I don't have much to show for the last 24 hours. It's a lot more involved than I thought.



It's also tedious. Here's The Mister doing a yoga move in the closet.  It's the up and downs that get to you. We measure, we cut, we measure, we cut and then we cut some more. Ugh. It's hard on these old bodies.



 I spend a lot of time doing nothing while The Mister is figuring stuff out so I've been carrying around a sock in my apron pocket for the down times. This guy is actually done now. Woo hoo....



This guy got a heel yesterday. Today we have the touch up painting and then.....finally, I can get my new shelves put up and start to sort out the mess. Yippee.....

9 comments:

  1. Emergency sock stashed right in your pocket. Good planning!!!

    Can't wait to see photos of your finished room.

    P.S. LOVE the selfie! It's so nice to put a "face" to the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to see you kept your sense of humor!
    I love the idea of keeping sock knitting in your pocket-it is the sitting and waiting that gets to me when we do a project together! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just too cute for words! Sock in your pocket cracks me up - but it was smart planning. You got a lot done! And the room - almost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed when I read you had a sock stashed in your pocket. Only you would think of that and I LOVE it! You are going to have so much fun organizing your new room. And finally, I loved the selfie. Perfection!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you kept your sock knitting handy. The up and down part of the job would practically have me weeping at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at the sock in your pocket! Great idea for sitting and waiting. Isn't it great that you are almost done even though it is taking longer than anticipated? I am sure you will say it was worth all the agony once you have everything back in place a time to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I think you look adorable! Smart to have emergency knitting on hand for the down times - no wasted time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're knitting socks AND installing floors - I'd say that's pretty damn amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading out of order so I'm not going to comment on the socks but... Ouch! I have shooting pains in my knees just from looking at the photo of The Mister.

    ReplyDelete