Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Morning After



The day after the Tour ends is always a jolt to the system. There's been so much preparation, so much spinning and then......nothing. After everything is cleaned up and packed away, the house seems too empty. I can't stand to see the wheels without anything on them so new projects need to be planned.



I want stash diving but couldn't bring myself to use a braid I already had. I've got quite a collection of beautifully dyed fiber but I love them-as braids. Weird, yes? Instead I looked for something to dye. This bare Polwarth was just what I was looking for.



 It got a soak in water with a splash of vinegar.



Then I dumped it into some jelly jars of dye and gave it a spin in the microwave.



 It's clown barf but I really like clown barf.


Now that it is drying, it looks more like unicorn barf.



Yep. Unicorn barf.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to find someone else who loves a beautifully dyed braid as just a braid. I have several that I don't want to spin up; I just want to look at how the colors in the braid move and merge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see barf at all! I see childlike color and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unicorn barf a progression. hehehe. I will say this barf looks good.

    Ah you know, I am very FOND of most things Unicorn. Rare, special, magical and happiness bringers. Despite reports to the contrary did you know that Unicorn kids are not quite as elitest as Pony Kids or Jumpers. I know it's hard to believe since Unicorns actually fly over their obstacles and not just "jump" over them like silly Earth ponies. Also, Unicorns are for all kids despite how poor they might be, hence their magic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I put everything away all cleaned and will take a break for a bit...not too long! Your new fiber is just perfectly unicorn attractive!

    ReplyDelete