Friday, July 17, 2015

Fiber Friday

 I've got bobbins to ply and another to spin a mate for.


 The purple Shetland mish mash got its plying started during Stage 12. It looks better than I thought it would.


I'm sorry to say but this is the lone spindle still in action. As usual, I bit off more than I could chew.



The finished Punta wool got swatched.  I like to do this before I pack my handspun away. That way I don't have to think too hard when I go looking for a new project. I'll be off kitty sitting for Daughter this weekend so there is no wheel time in my future. I'll take the spindle and see how far I get. As with the riders, it's all an uphill climb from here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on the Shetland; it is very pretty!
    I'm glad you can take the spindle with you for the TDF at least. What knitting project will you bring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably just some socks. I don't trust the kitties around the lace.

      Delete
  2. THE TOUR really gets the pedal to the metal this time of July eh? I love your spin tips from the other day. Your book got mailed yesterday , book rate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love all these colors! What is the little swatch for at the bottom of the post? Have a great weekend kitty sitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just to see what the yarn can do-really it's just an excuse to play with it.

      Delete