Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Soap:Rebatching

 That orange annatto seed soap had to go. It was my second soap ever and it was awful. Last week, before all the baby business hit the fan, it got shredded,  melted down and turned into......



 ....dog barf. Ugh. This looked even worse.


 So it got shredded again.



 It also got whipped with a little goat's milk and some aloe water. It also got another dash of Valencia orange essential oil for good measure.



 After all that work, it doesn't look much different than it did. Dog barf.



 It spite of being ugly, it actually turned out to be a very nice soap. It smells fabulous, lathers well and since it's whipped, it floats. I think I'm in love.

PS: The new little munchkin is home and doing fine. Thanks for all the lovely comments yesterday. Sorry about not having any baby photos to show off yet. I was too busy being a good grandma to be a good blogger.....



6 comments:

  1. Very fun soap adventures! I like the bars now, too, it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shredded soap looks kind of like cheese! LOL Glad the third try was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Hooray for new babies. Hooray for lathering soap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third time's a charm. Glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dog Barf is THE new colorway, ha! You crack me up. I would work in your soap house if you let me grate things. I think I would be good at the task and enjoy it. are those stamps on the new batch? how did you do that? it looks great!

    ReplyDelete