Monday, July 27, 2015

TdF: On the Podium


I'm always looking forward to the end of the Tour but so sad when it's over.



As the riders made it to the Champs-Elysee, I took stock of all that I managed to get done in those three short weeks. Three balls of yarn were start-to-finish projects and three were already-in-progress when the Tour started.



I managed to wind off the drop spindles one last time before Chris Froome climbed onto the podium for the second time.



I only managed to add two spindle fulls of the purple, one of the rainbow and one of the white to the single collections. That's pretty pitiful but these were three weeks full of drama on the home front. I'm lucky I got anything done.




During the intensive 23 day spinathon, I usually have at least one aha moment. This year I figured out I can save a lot of time and frustration if I tie off the ends of the skein in a different color.




Trying to hunt for the matching ties in an unruly hank when you are ready to wind is a pain. No more.



The Texel X turned into a very nice yarn. I've only got about 6 ounces at the moment but I have 6 paper grocery bags full of the stuff just waiting to be carded. I'm pretty sure this wants to be a sweater someday so I better get cranking.

5 comments:

  1. Tremendous job! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did wonderfully on the spinning front even with all the interruptions! The Texel is gorgeous; it will be calling you when the weather breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were the PRIZE of the TOUR de fleece Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work! Very fun post. I love how you made your own "podium" of TDF finishers. super cute. You're a safe bet to expect great things from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Tour! Look at all the yarn and gorgeous colors. The Texel will make a beautiful sweater.

    ReplyDelete