Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Winding Down

 Christmas Eve was the last of a long line of scheduled holiday events. Daughter in Law put on quite an elegant feast and only days after hosting the baby's first birthday.


We were greeted with an eye popping display of appetizers.


Then came the main course expertly crafted by Sons One and Two. I don't think there's a vegetable they didn't roast, saute or mash. It was all so good.


I contributed my traditional minestrone that took an hour ride with me around the Beltway.


Our tummies were full and the baby went off for a nap so we had a few minutes of grown up time around the table sharing a lovely bottle of wine. We even had a few flakes of snow to add to the magic of the night.


Grandbaby was not too sure about this Santa thing.


He did, however, approve of the gifts.


We contributed mightily to the refuse problem, I'm afraid.


This year I asked for and received a flag for the deck from everyone representing a place special to them. In that pile is a flag from China, Iowa and Virginia. Son in Law gave me a Marine Corp flag and Daughter gave me an Olympic flag. I know The Mister has an Irish flag still under the tree for me to open. My deck is going to be gorgeous this spring!


Dessert was a delicious strawberry shortcake. I wish I had a piece of it right now. When will I ever learn that a full tummy empties on a long car ride home and some leftovers would be just the thing for a bedtime snack.

The one irritating detail was that Number Two Son's vegan chocolate chip cookies got left behind. I got up early to make them for him and them walked out the door without them. Oh, well.

Right now, I've got some General Tso's tofu in the fridge and some serious "for me" knitting to catch up on. I'm not getting up off this couch until tomorrow-except to catch a movie this afternoon.

Merry Christmas Everyone!











3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful Time. Your grand is adorable!!!!
    We had a houseful last night; today all is Calm and All is bright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Looks like a good time for all.

    ReplyDelete