Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Separation Anxiety

 These mitts are gift knits but I want to keep them.

 A while ago I picked up this Patons SWS soy blend yarn by mistake. I thought it was sock yarn but it was too chunky so it's been marinating in the stash for years.

Oh, my....they fit so nice and they are so warm and silky. I will give them up in spite of the fact that I can't make anymore of these because the yarn is discontinued. I only hope they are going to a good home and they are as loved and appreciated as much as I love and appreciate them. Sigh....
They are Cozy Thermal Mitts by Karen Everitt and the pattern is free here.

5 comments:

  1. Well they always say the best gifts are the ones we want to keep for ourselves. :-) Can't say as I blame you either. Those look really nice. Why is it the best yarns are always discontinued anyway?! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... there's a store near my house that carries a lot of discontinued yarn - last time I was there they had SWS... I'll try and nip in soon and see what they have....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, you are a strong lady to give those up. Soft yarn is the hardest to let go. However, perhaps this incredible act of kindness and generosity allows you to indulge and find something equally if not more soft to add to your stash ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh thank you for the pattern. You are good to give them away!

    ReplyDelete