Monday, December 16, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life

 I am not supposed to still be here. For the longest time I have believed I would not make it out of my 50's alive. Today at 8:41am, I turned 60.


 The curse is broken. The curse being that my Great Grandmother died in her 80's, my Grandmother in her 70's, my mother in her 60's, so by my reckoning, I should be kicking the bucket in my 50's. I've been sweating it out all year. I could hear that clock ticking.

Now I am wondering what I am going to do with all this extra time. I hadn't counted on growing old. Now I just may have to.


I've already been around quite a long time. I remember when there was no such thing as color TV.


 I managed to survive the 60's.


I've had every hair color under the sun. Yikes.


I'm one of three sisters. I'm on the right. That's my grandmother, Meme, in the middle when she was 60. I'm starting to look just like her.


I was first married at 22 and had Number One Son at 24. That's a baby holding a baby right there.


Son Number Two came along 18 months later.


Husband Number Two, aka The Mister,showed up in the 80's.


Along with Daughter. See what I mean about the hair?


I was a teacher for a long time. About three years too long.


I also found the time to skate in shows and competitions for many years with an equally crazy friend. I'm the one on the left. We were pretty terrible but it was an awful lot of fun.


If you read this blog, you know what I'm probably going to be doing with all that extra time. A little of this and a little of that with a lot of hugs and kisses whenever I get the chance to spend some time with this guy.
Happy birthday me!












6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, and here's to the next few dozen years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day and many, many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy Birthday. I am SO happy you made it through your 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! We Sagittarians are just full of surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The internet has been down here for several days and boy do I have some blog reading to catch up on! I've missed not only your birthday (hope you had a Happy one and it looks like you did) but your sons as well. Happy Birthday to him too and all the rest of your Dec. birthday recipients. Our crazy birthday month is May all though we have a couple in Dec too. I actually brought one baby home on Christmas Eve in a stocking no less! LOL I love all the pictures and I think your going to love the 60's! ;-) How could you not with that cute little Grand baby to hug!!

    ReplyDelete