Monday, October 21, 2024

Firestarter

 

No, not the movie. I watched this last week and my gosh, it was terrible.



I'm talking about me being a fire starter. I got up before dawn yesterday and got one roaring in my Solo Stove. 



It was dark and it was cold and I had a devil of a time putting my heat diffuser together but I did figure it out.




I would have loved to take advantage of all that warmth but as soon as the sun came up, the critters woke up and everyone was demanding breakfast. By the time I got back out, my fire was burned out. 





The Mister got up soon after and wanted to get Pup out for a walk before football so off we went. It looks like fall around the wetlands but if you look out my windows it's still very green.




I did pick up some big pine cones on our walk. The Mister says they make good fire starters. 




And.....I finished my autumn puzzle yesterday.




Now I can help The Mister finish his. He's recruited me to do his sky. 









3 comments:

  1. Pinecones DO make good fire starters - they are usually loaded with sap! Your puzzles look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Recruited" or "begged"? 😉

    ReplyDelete