Saturday, October 19, 2024

Crazy

 

I have a vast Kaffe Fasset collection and I never could decide what to do with it. For a few years I've just enjoyed looking at it on my shelves. 



Then I switched my bedroom over for the colder months with some dark curtains and a black checkered duvet set. It was a bit bleak so a project was born. I needed a quilt that would brighten up the room and I need one now. I had to give myself a good talking to but I did convince myself to tear into one of those jelly rolls and I am so glad I did. 




Ditto for the beautiful charm squares and layer cake that I had. You can't be timid with fabric like this so I dug out my crazy quilt template to see what would happen. 





This happened. 




Then this. Aren't they glorious? I'm having so much fun. 










9 comments:

  1. Having fun is one of the best things crafts have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious indeed! Such great colors and patterns- Have fun!! -Rigmor in NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What freedom to just play with all of the colors!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fabrics are gorgeous and I bet your quilt will be also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should certainly brighten up your room. That is beautiful fabric indeed.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you need to use that beautiful fabric! Your blocks are very pretty. I even see one fabric that I have in my stash. Looking forward to seeing this project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks wonderful, enjoy your playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will definitely bring some cheer in the depths of winter!
    Sometimes you just have to let yourself go wild!

    ReplyDelete