Thursday, December 7, 2023

Rantings and Ravings..

I had an awful knitting disaster yesterday and I still haven't recovered. It was that bad. Let's just say there was a lot of unraveling going on and leave it at that for now. When I went to re-do that which needed to be re-done I discovered I had LOST one end of the interchangeable needle I needed and it was the only one I had in that size. Then I remembered I had the new Prym needles in that size so I cast on and.......they were the WORST needles I have ever used in my ENTIRE LIFE. I know I was upset and frustrated but seriously, those are some awful needles and I paid a fortune for the set. First, that tip. Why? You can't do increases with that. Believe me, I tried and tried.  Second, there is no slip. You have to shove each and every stitch. It's weirdly grippy. Not a fan. 



At least the mystery KAL stocking was playing nice. I don't know how but I have been able to keep up. I can knit the 6 rows in the time it takes to listen to the day's episode but I do admit that even as pleasant as this should be, it's a drag knowing it's waiting to be done. 





My day got off to a bad start when after therapy, I was going downstairs to clean up the mess from making The Mister's cards and move it all back into my craft room. That's when HE decided HE wanted to help me finish mine. Bless his heart but it was the last thing I wanted to hear. Mr Ants in the Pants is driving me crazy right now. He's been cooped up too long and he's on my last nerve. I hadn't planned on doing the same card but that's what I ended up doing. I even simplified them even more just to get it over with. I confess to not being on my best behavior during the making. The Mister got snapped at a few times. I'm hanging onto my holiday spirit by a thread. I either need a snowstorm or a bottle of eggnog-the kind with the booze. I'm more likely to get the eggnog. In fact, I'm putting it on my grocery list right now. 



 





 

9 comments:

  1. Uh-oh! Someone needs some holiday spirit! :-) It reminds me of the movie "Elf". How frustrating for you though. First the unraveling, the missing tip and the new needles. I would be frustrated too. Sometimes we just need some alone time and the guys don't seem to get that do they? The cards still look really great though. I sure hope tomorrow is a very improved day for you.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you could use an extra shot in your eggnog! I'm sorry about the knitting disaster, those awful needles, cards, and being cooped up too long. My husband used to travel for work and I hated it at first, but came to look forward to it. Now that we're both retired, I really love the days when he's got something to keep him occupied and out of my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! So disappointing with the needles. Your cards are cute and the advent KAL stocking is beautiful. Hoping today is a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the 'tis the season stamp on my (unaddressed, unstamped, unsigned) Christmas cards this year. Love them! Grippy needles are only good for really slippery yarn, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my-- what a day!! (and happy to be only reading about it and not experiencing it myself!!). I hope after some extra doctoring w/the eggnog, it will improve...
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS a very odd looking knitting needle. Maybe there is a finish on them that will wear off in time and get a little "slippier".

    Hope today is a better day. We've got a bit of snow showers today. Maybe you will get some too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you need a day home all alone or a day out all by yourself. Hope today will be a much better day for you. Love your cards even though you said you simplified the design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about the disappointment about the needles!!! They do look odd but maybe if you rub the needle with some furniture polish it won't stick so. The 'too much togetherness' does wear on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh - I HATE grippy needles. I just can't do it if it grips - that's why I love my Chiao Goos - LIKE BUTTER!

    I share your pain on the Mr. front. It's probably not quite as bad as your situation, because your Mr is in pain too.. but mine has decided he doesn't want to drive unless he absolutely has to. It's doesn't mean he doesn't want to go place - just that I have to drive. And that doesn't bother me... but it means if HE needs something, he wants me to drop everything after work and take him out. Which eats into MY crafting time. And... even if he doesn't need anything, he has to get out of the house at least once every three days or he starts driving me NUTS. It's seriously cutting into my creative time - and I'm just about ready to go break something irreplaceable on Dory so he HAS to drive (we don't drive each other's vehicles - even though he doesn't want to drive his Buick, he doesn't like me driving her either...) Ugh - MEN!

    ReplyDelete