Saturday, December 23, 2023

House Blessing

 

Uh, oh....people, we are running out of time. Every night I've been sitting down to the daily Vlogmas videos from some of my favorite makers and let me tell you they are STRESSED. I feel totally zen compared to some of them. 



Because of the year we're having I did things a bit a$$ backwards when I put up the tree. The house is supposed to get a good cleaning first but I didn't dare put that tree decorating off so yesterday I lit my advent candle and got to work "blessing" my house. A blogger I read always calls her cleaning sessions "house blessings" and I loved that idea. You light a candle, put on some gentle music and go to town while thinking about how lucky you are to have all the junk you now how have to clean. I love it. 




New to my cleaning regimen is this spin mop. My new laminated floors were driving me crazy, No matter what I did they were streaky. This fixed that. Along with my new cordless vac, I can have all the floors upstairs and down clean in no time and actually enjoy the process.




We were also "blessed" with a new microwave on Wednesday. The old one decided to stop working on Tuesday, just about the same time the oil light came on in the car. That was a couple of hundred dollars we didn't expect to spend the week before Christmas.




I also "blessed" poor Pup. She got her nails clipped, her hair trimmed, teeth brushed and a nice soapy bath. She hasn't forgiven me quite yet but she will when she realizes the mats under her arms are gone. 




And......after that whirlwind of a day I got to sit back with a cup of herbal tea and enjoy the clean house and the pretty tree. It's the kind of tree that looks much better in the daylight. I'm so happy I didn't give in to my inner Scrooge and skip it. It may have been a lot of work but it really was a wonderful day. 





 





5 comments:

  1. Love the idea of cleaning being a "house blessing" - that sounds better and makes me more interested in doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best part of cleaning day ... the cup of tea and feet up at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tree! I need to do some blessing around here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!!! For the first Christmas in a long time, it has been totally stress-free for me, too! I haven't had the added hard work like you have to put a husband back on his feet! The tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is so pretty. I "blessed" our house yesterday. Dusted everything, then vacuumed the entire place and then wet mopped. Then cleaned the bathrooms. Nothing was really gross, but we hosted Brad, Mandy & Piper last night for pizza and present opening. Today will be some friends over to visit and tomorrow I'm making dinner for Mom and Dennis's brother and new girlfriend. That is if the blizzard misses us. No snow yet this year and on Christmas they predict a blizzard. 2-12 inches and 40+ mph winds. I hope it's closer to the 2 inches than the 12. The kids are driving to Brad's parents and I'll worry with them on the road.
    Anyway, I hope you and The Mister have the merriest of Christmas's. At least we both have clean houses. (For a day or two anyway.). Ha!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete