Monday, December 25, 2023

A Merry Little Christmas

 

I planned on spending Christmas Eve in my pj's finishing up my Advent stocking. Instead The Mister and I were furiously "blessing" the house again because we got a call from his 80 something older sister that she was driving down after church for a visit and a present exchange. 


This was really out of the ordinary. She's been in rehab after back surgery so her making a long drive all alone was worrisome but she made it just fine. She's a great gift giver. I use everything she's ever given. This year she gave me these happy dishtowels. They will be perfect for that after Christmas slump when the decorations come down. 




Lasagna is our family's tradition Christmas Eve dinner but this year since I am still on my restricted low acid diet I had mac and cheese. Stouffer did the work for me this year and I have to say, it was darn good stuff. I made some lentil soup, a salad and some fresh broccoli so we had more than enough for the two of us with leftovers for today.




I went a little crazy with dessert. I made a peach trifle in the big bowl I usually use when we have the whole family over. I don't know what I was thinking. 



After dinner we were like little kids setting up the snow light. We haven't used it in ages and since the neighbors in front of us were hosting a big family dinner we thought we'd put on a light show for them.




By the time we got it set up they were all gone. I guess none of them like driving in the dark either. 



The snow light was competing with the moon. What a beauty it was. No ring around it. No snow here. It's been in the balmy 50's. I hope Santa didn't have a sleigh full of sleds to deliver last night. 

Merry Christmas!




















7 comments:

  1. Your meal sounds good and the trifle looks aMaZiNg! Yum! I like your snow light. I don't think we'll need a light here for Christmas. It's been raining for two days and in the upper 50's. It was 57 when we left church Sunday. We got back in the car an hour later to go to lunch with Dennis's brother and it was 42. Two hours later 34. Blizzard warnings less than 50 miles west of us. This morning they were predicting up to 12 inches of snow for us on Christmas day. Now they're down to 4 inches. Hopefully when I wake up on Christmas it will be 0 inches and just rain.
    I know, I know. Bah Humbug. Too many people on the road today for snow.
    Merry, Merry Christmas Debbie. To you, The Mister, Pup and all the cats. :-)
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and ALL the Best for 2024

    ReplyDelete
  3. no snow here either - we woke up to fog and it's just now burned off. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I need to get a trifle bowl so I will make trifle! I do love it! And I have a few STauffer's things that are my absolutely favorite-s-particularly their spinach souffle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and is the top photo the advent stocking? Can you share the pattern? I'm not a fan of colorwork but that sock is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the Arne and Carlos blog and right now it's a free pattern. It will be a paid pattern starting tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. What a nice time you had even if it was a bit different than you thought! lol I'm glad the food was enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete