Sunday, December 31, 2023

All Together Now



The weirdest thing happened yesterday. I got all three of my kids and all five of my grands in the same place. It's been ages. 




We had a delayed Christmas so we could all celebrate together. 



There was one wee one that none of us had even met before. 




There was two January birthdays to celebrate and six December birthdays to catch up on. 





We had cookies. DIL had made us some of her beauties. 




Oldest Son brought his prime rib roast. I heard it was good. I can't even look at it. I wouldn't think of eating it. 




Daughter and SIL made the sides.



We had pie. It was supposed to be my present but this is all I came home with because it was so good. It's from Sister Pie in Detroit and their Salted Maple is legendary. 




And...........look what I came home with. Barbie times five. Daughter's adult skating student is a doll designer who works with Barbie and the American Girl doll companies and he loads her up with the samples he gets sent for approval. She usually donates them but I couldn't help but bring these home. I know, I'm 70, too old for playing with dolls but people...I can't wait to open these boxes and get these dolls out. I felt like a kid again. While we were driving home I was searching the internet for storage options and more clothes. Do they need a Dream House? I know I need at least one bridal gown. Crazy, right? 















 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you getting to spend time with ALL of your kids and grands together. How special! The cake is really cute, but those cookies! They are absolute works of art. I don't know how anyone eats them but I'm guessing they taste as good as they look.
    Lucky you with the Barbies. How fun is that? But what caught my eye in that photo is your crocs! So bright and happy. They made me smile.
    Take care my friend.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! I can relate as we had our Chicago daughter and family here in WA for the first time in ages; the other daughter and her family though were in Vietnam and just got home yesterday. We will soon celebrate Christmas with them as well as 3 birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you all had a good time and delicious food! And age doesn't matter one bit; if new Barbies make you happy, then I'm glad you have new Barbies. They/you just might need a Dream House!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to have everyone together! I'm so glad that happened. Those frosted cookies are amazing looking, hope they tasted great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've frequently delayed Christmas, December birthday ot get everyone together. It's sooo worth it.
    And I am crazy jealous of those Barbies!!! I think you need to knit them a few outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! It had to be a house full of love! Your dil's cookies are superb! (almost too pretty to eat...almost!) happy you got to take the dolls home--what fun you will have!

    ReplyDelete