Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

I spent most of my stitching time this week on this. I even got her a new needle minder. It's a lotus. 



I thought I had the frame issue on this one figured out but I didn't. As you can see, the frame I found didn't work. It wouldn't hold the fabric tight enough even after I put felt under the stretchers. 



That frame was not a Q Snap. It was a Fons and Porter frame for hand quilting so it just wasn't made to hold anything tightly. Loose fabric drives me crazy so I bought the extensions for my 11 inch Q Snap to turn it into a 14 inch one. Since it just now showed up in the mail, I haven't tried it yet. 




I got the tiniest bit done on the bottom of the Village Quaker but......




....every time I walk in the room where it is, this is sitting there waiting for some attention too.




Then of course there's the Big Ugly. It looks more like the Big Clown Quilt from this side. I've gotten two sides of the binding sewn down so far. I am still amazed at how easy it is to work on when it's all laid out on the big table instead of fighting with it over the ironing board. I've been dreading finished that other big quilt top I've had laying around for 12 years but now I'm actually looking forward to it. 







 

5 comments:

  1. You're coming right along on your projects. Your new needle minder is beautiful. I'm glad you figured out your Q-snap problem.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked in for ages but I'm amazed to see all of the projects you have going! I've got a cross stitch I'm working on for my middle son. First time any of my children have actually requested a cross stitch from me so I couldn't say no! I hope it turns out well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to embroider with the fabric taut, as well. Fabric loose in the frame/hoop doesn’t result in nice crisp stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot of little stitches happening in your world! And they are all creating great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the stitching you've got going on--that lotus needle minder is sweet!

    ReplyDelete