Thursday, September 7, 2023

Seeing Spots

 

I was starting to get worried about that polka dot fabric I ordered for The Big Ugly backing. It took a very long time to get here but it is here now. 



The batting that was along for the ride is for this quilt that I started in 2012. That's....um, 11 years ago? It keeps getting bumped out of the queue for machine quilting but I'm moving the Juki onto the dining room table and it's not going back in the sewing room until both of these quilts are a done deal. I'm tired of shifting them around the room. 




None of this is going to happen in the very near future because I've been packing up for a kitty sitting adventure at Daughter's for a few days. They are off to NYC today for a skating competition and I'll be in charge of her furry friends for the duration. I'm looking forward to a few days in a quiet house-alone. Doesn't that sound nice?


3 comments:

  1. I had polka dot fabric just like that back in the day. I used it to cover a small foam sleeping pad for Colin for our camping adventures. Have fun at daughter's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It DOES sound nice. You should take your Juki with you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a few days away sounds lovely. The quilts will get done-you sound determined!

    ReplyDelete