Sunday, September 17, 2023

The Difference a Week Makes

 

This time last week I was having a miserable time trying to get the batting to stick to the top and backing of the Big Ugly by putting in about a zillion pins. Yesterday I finished machine quilting the last of it and had to take all those pins out. I usually unpin while I am quilting but I didn't want to disturb the thing so I played dodge the pins while I quilted which was actually quite amusing and kept me from meandering too tightly.




I also got the binding all tacked down on the front. I am amazed at how fast and easy these things are to do when you've got the room to do them in. The Big Ugly is by far the biggest quilt I've ever made and it was a breeze doing all this on my big dining room table. I am NEVER going back to doing any of it in that tiny sewing room again. 





6 comments:

  1. That quilt! Oh, that quilt! So much work, it’s looking fabulous and fun and cozy! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can imagine the happiness you feel in having it done, but I think you're doing it a disservice. It's no ugly at all! It's beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Is it too big to photograph? I'd love to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to be so close to the finish line!!!! I'm glad things went well for you on the dining room table!

    ReplyDelete