Monday, April 29, 2019

The Majors and The Minors

 I've got two kinds of knitting projects going at the moment. Major ones like Lofoten where I have to use a small quilting ruler to keep my place. Norwegian stranded knitting isn't nearly as fun as Fair Isle. Those little repetitive peeries are a piece of cake compared to knitting giant snowflakes. There is just no sense to them.


 Tracery is another major project. I am using no less than three charts to get through one round. At least there is a method to the madness with this one. There is a 30 stitch repeat my brain can wrap itself around. Yippee.



 Thankfully I've also got a lot of minor things going on. The man socks are at the heel.


 I'm on the foot with these two.



And then there's poor Hawthorne dragging up the rear. I started this sock before any of the others and it's just been languishing in it's project bag. I don't know what's going on with me and Knit Pick's Hawthorne yarn but even in a fun color I just can't get excited about it.

9 comments:

  1. Lofoten and Tracery are gorgeous! I wouldn't have the courage to knit either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colourwork garments are going to be amazeballs when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Peeress, I agree with you, are a dreamy piece of cake! And I think they can have an amazing effect, without the stress of charts for me. I love your projects! I realized this weekend that you live near Virginia and are as far south as St. Louis is to me. NOW your warm weather makes sense to me. Im so geographically lacking !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both big projects are lovely but I am NOT good with colorwork. I just admire others as they knit it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. Looks like Hawthorne isn't quite as bright as the others. Maybe that's why it isn't so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow with the major projects-I get bummed with more than one chart-why can't they print it all on one and then I could enlarge it to see it but I hate having to do page flipping! lol I like all the socks--my latest pair was with Hawthorne yarn-it is so delicious on the feet after washing; I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your projects are beautiful! I am just in awe of your two sweater projects. That yellow and orange sock is such a happy looking sock.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your knitting is lovely! To each his own I guess - I love Hawthorne! In fact, I have a big box of it arriving today and I'm doubly excited because I can't remember what colors I ended up ordering. Receiving yarn I ordered at 3 a.m. is always a fun experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that Tracery. It sure looks like a challenging project but so worth the effort! Fun socks, too.

    ReplyDelete