Friday, April 5, 2019

Casting On

 I went as long as I could without any socks on the needles but I finally caved. Plain vanillas all around.  I just wanted something to keep my hands busy. This is some Hawthorne in the Happy Valley colorway.



 Even though my last ball of Cascade Heritage was a bust I went back for more.



 Remember this? I picked it up at last year's MDSW. I loved those bright colors.



It now looks like this. The colors that were so vivid in the skein are now muted. I can't believe it's the same yarn. I don't hate it but I was sure surprised.



 Then I got the bug to start a sweater and remembered I had this one in the works already. Its time has come. Maybe I can get it done by fall?




I also need to get this Scrubby on the needles. It reminds me of a Peep so I want it for my Easter dishcloth.



Finally, the Willow Cowl is actually done BUT...it's a big disappointment. I loved the pattern. I love my handspun but the darn thing is too floppy at the top. It's supposed to fit snug on your neck but it just hangs open and that's pretty useless against a cold Bay breeze. Oh, well. You can't win'em all. I guess I'll let it marinate a while and then maybe I'll rip it out and try to fix it once I am over being mad at it.

11 comments:

  1. It's such a shame about the cowl. The color is gorgeous. Hopefully, you'll find a project where the yarn just sings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe taper your cowl more and end with a form of ribbing. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful projects! Easter scrubbies - how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of your projects is just beautiful. The colors in the yarn are so happy. The cowl is beautiful so I hope you can come up with a fix that will enable you to enjoy it. The colors are just wonderful - blue and yellow always a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When your knitting misbehaves you marinate it.....that's just genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the socks, the sweater and most of all, the Peep dishcloth!!!! lol
    (Bummer about the cowl-rip it out and save try #2 for next winter)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn looks so different wound up than it did in the skein. It never fails to amaze me how the colors change when you wind it. I’m sorry about your cowl. It is beautiful though. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yarn looks so different wound up than it did in the skein. It never fails to amaze me how the colors change when you wind it. I’m sorry about your cowl. It is beautiful though. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the cowl, but there rest of the projects are all fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry your cowl doesn't work for you. Hope you can fix it because it's lovely. And that sweater - the sweater is going to be gorgeous! Love that fair isle work.

    ReplyDelete