Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wedding Bells



Yesterday we made a mad dash to Kleinfeld's in NYC to pick up Daughter's wedding dress. We stopped at almost every rest stop from here to New York. My tummy was in turmoil.



I had to face my biggest fear-The Lincoln Tunnel once again. I HATE tunnels. My panic attack started the day before.


I love rest stop food but a lonely plain potato and a diet Coke was the only thing I dared put in my stomach. It's a long ride between rest stops.


After making the pickup, I felt much better. I actually felt sad to have this ten month journey end.



I was brave enough to hang my head out the window and gawk at Times Square as we whizzed past.


In spite of my general Mother of the Bride hysteria, I did make good use of the car ride by getting a few more flip flops done. This time next week, Daughter's wedding will be over and Son's will just be on the horizon. It's a good thing, too. I would hate to think what might have happened if I was forced to go cold turkey on this wedding stuff. As it is, it's wedding, wedding, Thanksgiving, Christmas. By January, I'll be ready for some peace and quiet.














No comments:

Post a Comment