Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homage to a Hook



I was really struggling with the 7 stitch nupps in my Peacock Tail and Leaf shawl.



I had tried every hook in the house but my stitches kept falling off or getting tangled. Susan Bates came to the rescue.



The hook itself has a unique design that really captures the yarn and holds it in place until you are ready to pull it out. The only drawback is that they are hard to find here. I searched every craft store in the area and only came up with a few. Happily, one of the sizes is just right for those pesky nupps which are becoming a pleasure rather than a chore-and for that I am extremely grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Susan Bates hooks, too! I just started hooking again this summer and was using a wooden Brittany and how frustrating for every.single.stitch to fall off every.single.time. Susan Bates to the rescue!!!

    ReplyDelete