Monday, August 3, 2026

Tying One On

 

The weekend was spent hiding inside from the terrible weather. It was like a steam bath out there. So hot, So humid. It did give me time to get some of those loose ends tied up. All that fiddly threading is over and I'm ready to start weaving. I've decided that even if I find boo boos this time I'm going on with it. This towel is about the process. I need to see it all through to get my confidence back no matter the outcome. 



In the midst of all the misery Mother Nature is throwing at us, we took a very quick walk with the dog early yesterday morning and noticed the coffee shop, aptly named The Novel Bakery, has unveiled its new mural. While the owner is waiting for his permits, he's opened up his food truck in the parking lot and has set up lots of chairs and tables of books to encourage folks to hang out. He had quite a crowd in line for coffee and scones so I'm guessing he's going to do a great business once he's up and running. 



9 comments:

  1. The Novel Bakery sounds wonderful!! Such pretty colors on your loom - have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son would LOVE that cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing that towel as you weave. The colors are growing on me. I'd love to have coffee at The Novel Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute theme for a coffee shop.

    I wish one would open in our town. We have to drive quite a bit for a "good" coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems everywhere is hot! Wonderful colors! Fabulous mural, good luck!! Happy day, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun to find a new coffee place. And a coffee place with books! Even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is supposed to be a bit cooler tomorrow, I sure hope the weather guy is right this time. We sure could use a break however short it ends up being. That coffee place looks great and the owner is a very smart person to have an interim set-up.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Novel Bakery sounds like my kind of place. Enjoy when the weather permits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let the weaving begin!!! The mural is beautiful--I would love to sit on the seat out front and sip iced tea! lol

    ReplyDelete