Saturday, September 28, 2024

Pigtails

 

I drive The Mister crazy with the way I make up names for things I don't know the actual names of. I call that thing that is on my yarn a pigtail. Spinners will recognize these as the bane of our existence so I was a bit surprised to find one in my Regia yarn.



They come about when one of your plies is longer than the other and twist onto itself usually from too much energy in the single. When you are spinning you have to go back and undo what you did and even it out. Apparently the folks at Regia don't. 




Since that pigtail was way after the fact, I have no choice but just knit on and figure out how to weave that little end in later. I'm starting to wonder what other surprises this yarn has in store for me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment