Saturday, March 9, 2024

Making Hay

 

You know what they say about making hay. After a week of rain when we finally got a dry, sunny day so we were off to get the stuff we needed to do something about our terrible looking front yard.



I could only convince The Mister to go as far as Walmart yesterday but they had a decent selection of small shrubs. I'm all about the shrubs this year. We'll go some other place shrub hunting again next week. 




We came home with an assortment of smallish shrubs and lots of top soil and mulch. 





But first things first. We have to get up all the old leaves that were in all the nooks and crannies of the yard and it was not a lot of fun. It was wet and heavy. My sweet little shrubs will stay in their pots until the sun shines again. There's more rain coming today.



And.....another vintage Barbie showed up at my door yesterday. I didn't even know this 1997 Silken Flame Reproduction Edition existed. My original Barbie was a titian bubble cut so when I saw this one I had to have her. My collection is almost complete now....almost. I've got two more very special ones on the way. Can you stand it? 







7 comments:

  1. I think my back hurt just looking at all those bags in the back of the truck! We didn't have rain overnight but it is raining again now, through tomorrow. March showers make shrubs grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of hard work coming up in the garden, I’m late to start digging and planting and changing. Looks like you have your work cut out for you soon also. But, that Barbie fun is very exciting! Yay! Happy weekend, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first garden supplies of Spring unloaded and full of promise! The Barbie collection will be satisfaction-perfection when complete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am itching to get out in the garden--hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had snow on Friday but it's all gone now and supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow, 68F. But that looks like a lot of work.
    I think I told you before that I had that titan haired bubble cut Barbie too. I actually still have her. Mayve I should send my Barbie stuff to you. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having a rainy day now, too. Yesterday we were at a memorial service held in a local nature center, and near the end of the service the wind started howling and knocked lots of branches down. Not too long afterwards, the sun came out! Strange weather, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! There is a LOT of mulch in your future. I need to do the same thing but after spreading about 2 bags, my back says 'Nope! Not doing that anymore' and that's the end of the yardwork for me. I really should just hire someone.

    ReplyDelete