Thursday, February 27, 2014

Empty Handed

I went out shopping for yarn this past weekend and this is what I came back with. That's right. Nothing.


It all started here. For some reason I found myself watching this in the middle of the night last week.


I can't begin to tell you what it's about. All I know is that it takes place in Norway and everyone is wearing the most amazing sweaters. That's all I could think about.


 See?


There is also knitting. In one scene she is knitting on doublepoints. Seriously, doublepoints and it looks like she really knows what she's doing. As for the yarn I didn't buy, it was for a brown Icelandic type sweater that the knitter lady was wearing in an early scene. I want one by next winter but I couldn't find any suitable yarn in sweater quantities at any of the usual locations. Everyone seems to have put away their workhorse yarns and put out their spring and summer frou-frou. I guess I'm going to have to order some.






7 comments:

  1. Bummer! I hate when that happens. When a knitter wants yarn they need to be able to get yarn. We're still having 15 below zero wind chill warnings and the stores here have bathing suits and shorts out. It's crazy! It's starting to look like we're going to need the wool wear clear into June.. ;-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your LYS fails, order from KnitPicks! You will love this kind of knit sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I love those sweaters, especially the last one. I really need to take a deep breath and try colorwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on Leaflines. It was challenging. As for yarn, did you check Crazy4Ewe in Leonardtown? I know she has two locations, but I can never remember the other location. She can order if you want. Gorgeous sweaters, hope you find the yarn for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to knit a lopi sweater.....someday
    !

    ReplyDelete