Friday, January 24, 2014

Surprise Package

As soon as I saw this on the outside of the packet, I knew who it was from.


It was my major award from Wandering Cat Studio's contest but wait-there was something extra.


In with the sock yarn was some of the Paton's SWS that I had mentioned I was looking for.


I had made a pair of gift knit mitts out of it and had lamented not buying enough for a pair for myself because now it was discontinued. With the help of the last of the Christmas Dots, I sat right down and cast on a pair of Thermal Mitts for me.


In only two puppy naps (all time is measured in puppy naps these days) I had one of the pair done and the other cast on.



The colors remind me of my favorite ice cream, spumoni which is perfect for these "I'm sick of winter" days.



 As for the sock yarn, it is called Four Leaf Clover and I am trying very hard to control the urge to cast on the pretty Elm Street pattern right now. I keep telling myself I only have the feet to finish on my Peppermint Stick twofers that I want to have for Valentine's Day but  it's not working. All that white out there makes me want the gorgeous green all the more. Let's see how long I hold out.

A big thanks to Wandering Cat who managed to do all this while nursing her cat through a very difficult surgery. I know I've said it before but I have to say it again: Knitters are the nicest people!





2 comments:

  1. You finished one mitt already!!! They look great. I'm glad the colour was okay - and the prize yarn. I wanted to do something bright and cheerful for you.
    But you do need to get those peppermint socks done for Valentines day! I've got to get Dave's scarf done too (and I haven't even started!) The count down is on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your win! THe bonus yarn is beautiful knit into mitts.

    ReplyDelete