Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm No Quitter






After my enormous weaving disaster a few weeks ago, you'd think that the loom would be out in the trash. I'm a bit calmer now and trying to figure out what went wrong with the tension of the Harvest Wrap that went so horribly wrong. I started by taking myself to Walmart-yes, I said Walmart and buying a cart full of clearance yarn that felt stiff to my fingers. I won't mention any brands because I can't imagine how awful it would be to find my name on a skein of yarn that couldn't even be sold at Walmart prices. Semi-celebs who lend their name to yarn companies get my total admiration for even admitting they pick up the needles now and again, so who I am to poke fun. Using this cheaper yarn made warping easier and substituting a giant roll of felt for the paper on the back roller is keeping everything tight and in its right place. I am not breathing a sigh of relief just yet but I am starting to get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment