Monday, September 28, 2020

Flipped

 

What do you do when you wake up at 4 am and can't get back to sleep? I finish socks. 



Ta da....another pair of man socks done. These are in Berroco Comfort Sock and I didn't think I'd like them but I do. I've got more of this yarn in my stash and it needs to be socks. They really are soft and comfy for being just acrylic and nylon.



I've still got one more pair of man socks on the needle. My two at a timers are getting ready to have their heels turned. 


But what really kept me up at night was the Bubbles Cardi. The garter stitch hem flipped. After I finished the socks I ripped out the hem, decreased the last regular row, went down two needle sizes and I am going to add more rows than the pattern calls for to see if that helps. 
Closet knitting, middle of the night knitting...my pandemic self just keeps getting weirder and weirder. 









7 comments:

  1. The socks are all great but I really like that second yarn colors. Dennis would wear that to work..
    I had to add several rows of garter stitch to the hem, sleeve hems and collar for Piper's sweater because they kept flipping, (or rolling.) It's so annoying.
    Take care Debra.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those socks - the colors and the stripes. Wonderful. That bubble cardigan has me curious...are the bubbles actually bobbles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the coin stitch. I had never heard of it before but it's very easy and makes bumps that look like bobbles which are not easy. It's also a way to make different colors without stranding so babies won't get their little fingers caught in them.

      Delete
  3. Excellent progress - even if it is at odd hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those socks are really nice! It's too bad about the early morning sleeplessness but the results are really nice. I think you've got the flipped hem tamed now! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if it helps you Deb, I took a bath at 4 am over the weekend. I just could not sleep. You are not alone pal. And shame on that garter edge for flipping on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great knitting progress. Thankfully, my sleep pattern has remained in tact during these crazy times.

    ReplyDelete