Saturday, March 16, 2019

Wool Weather

 March is when I get the itch to work with wool but the only thing I've got going is washing wool things to put away.



 The poor fleece in the shed isn't going to get any attention this year I'm afraid.



March is washing weather but this year I'm too busy.



 Yeah. Wood. More wood. Logs so big we couldn't lift them. I had to get on my hands and knees and roll them across the yard to get them to the wood pile. The neighbors must have had a good laugh.



I may not be washing any wool but I've still got plenty to keep me busy when I can get a minute to myself.



I'm not sure what that fleece is but this is the second year I've been spinning it. This is the second bobbin.


Then there is the Ladybug. I always have something pretty on the Ladybug. Some people need a glass of wine to relax at night. I just need some wool.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Just look at the size of those logs! You’re going to need a log splitter to cut those up. Both of the fibers that you’re spinning are absolutely gorgeous. You do such beautiful and even work. I was never that good when I was spinning. Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what I thought-you need a log splitter! They are a handy piece of equipment when you have trees like you guys do--can you rent one this weekend? I still think it's cool you are using the chain saw, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being a spinner, I can only imagine how relaxing it must be to feel the fleece fibers transforming into yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My back hurts just thinking about moving all that wood! Your spinning is gorgeous! Love the Eastery yellows & pinks and that green is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure are getting plenty of exercise! Love your spinning projects. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly do have some big logs! You are getting some good workouts with all this clearing up the trees. The colors of your fibers scream spring. Hope you get all the wood moved before poison ivy/oak starts growing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need both usually!!! Yarn and Skinny girl margarita !

    ReplyDelete