Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Men's Wear

 Yesterday The Mister and I did something we never do.


 We went shopping for clothes.


For him.
We have Son's wedding coming up and he needed some updates to his wardrobe.



 At first it seemed like a big yawn of a day but I actually had fun. A half a grand later and The Mister is all set-right down to the socks in understated sophistication.


 As for me, Daughter is taking me out later to squeeze me into something presentable. It's prom season now so I had fun oohing and ahhhing at all the inappropriate dresses for a mature and rather chubby Mother of the Groom. I did like the realistically sized mannequins they now have next to the reed thin ones. It makes me feel that when it's my turn, there may be hope.


 Speaking of squeezing into something....



I know, I know....this is naughty but we shared the dessert and I brought half my sandwich and half the fries home for dinner. We don't get out often and I'm not passing up a chance to eat something I didn't have to cook first. I may be calorie conscious but I'm not crazy.

8 comments:

  1. What fun! And that dessert looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! It is hard to shop for such a special occasion for the mature woman especially...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to get out! We need to shop too, neither of us are shoppers:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clothes shopping can be frustrating. I love the photo you snapped of the ties and socks: nice to see that men's choices have broadened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shopping! No matter who it's for

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad you got The Mister all set. I agree that it’s not as easy for us ladies. Everything looks like it’s made for a 20-something. Your lunch selection looks wonderful. I’m trying to lose a few pounds myself and I know it’s not easy. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. All things in moderation.... although I think I gained 2 lbs just looking at that desert. Yum! Hope you'll share wedding photos of y'all all dressed up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dessert looks fabulous and I would think it was worth every calorie. Actually, the prom dresses in the photo are surprisingly appropriate for the prom aged girls. Usually, the photos I see (and Facebook), most prom dresses are way too revealing for high schoolers. (Yes, I know I sound like my Mother.) Glad you have your husband outfitted for the occasion and hope you have fun shopping with your daughter for your outfit.

    ReplyDelete