Tuesday, March 5, 2019

TNT!!!!



 I remembered Tiny Needle Tuesday!! I don't have much to show for it but I remembered. I didn't make my cross stitch goal but I was close. I just needed two more little blossoms.



 What really got me going this week was this. If you haven't seen Caffeine Girl's  quilts you have to check them out. I stalked her posts and saw that she described them as a crazy quilt/kantha hybrid.




 Crazy quilt I know but kantha I did not. After looking it up I realized I already had something in the works using that very embroidery technique. Daddio made this for Easter years ago and I started using a running stitch with pearl cotton to quilt lines and outlines on it just because I'd seen it somewhere and liked the look.



 That's a Daddio backing right there. You couldn't have enough color for him. It looks like an Easter egg in its oval hoop doesn't it?




 I was just thinking about downsizing Daddio's material stash the other day. This is his old sewing stand. It's packed. Packed.



 Then there are his boxes. Packed.



I also have three boxes of his orphan paper pieces. Now that I have the crazy quilt bug I guess I am going to keep it all.



His box of fat quarters were never in the equation. I'll never part with them. I can't even use them. I remember how much fun he had to going to Joann's and picking them out.

10 comments:

  1. Yay for #tnt. Although, I think I'm going to miss it this week. It has been too grey to stitch.

    All those fabrics of Daddio's are so beautiful. Are you sure you wouldn't like to make a memory quilt out of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I absolutely adore that quilt. Those colors remind me of an Easter egg hunt. And second of all, your Daddio had quite the stash didn’t he? I think he had a lot of avid quilter’s I know beat for sheer amount of stash.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his color theme--you can see it holds true in his FQ selections! What's new is old....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects and yes, it does look like an Easter Egg! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a fabric collection! Can't wait to see what you make of it. I always admire people who sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome fabric collection your Dad had acquired! Just WOW! Love that you are completing his unfinished projects. Will be looking forward to seeing the progress of this latest project. I did not know what kantha was and had to look it up. Sounds fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you will never part with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Dad's quilts and stash - scrappy AND colorful. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great colors! Yes looks like Easter colors. You better use up all that stash...I bet he would have wanted you to:)

    ReplyDelete