Thursday, June 18, 2015

Star Spangled Baby

 #1 Grandson is a winter solstice baby. His little brother is supposed to be showing up in July.



I found this collection of fabrics at Connecting Threads. It's called Liberty for All and I think it's perfect for a July (or even late June) baby.




It's going to be yet another Disappearing Nine Patch since I am in a hurry and can piece it in my sleep.



A summer baby doesn't need a lot of knitty things but a nice comfy quilt to roll around on is always a good thing no matter what time of year you show up.



 This one came together pretty easily. I did most of it in only one afternoon.




 I tried something new. Instead of the spray basting, I used this fusible batting. I was terrified.



It turned out to be pretty painless. The fusing is gentle. You can stop and pull the layers up to smooth out any wrinkles. Sweet.


Having said that I am still going to use plenty of pins. I'm not taking any chances.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great collection of fabrics and I love how you've pieced them together. I haven't quilted in years. You make me want to pick it up again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a perfect baby quilt! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owww It is so firecracker like! I love it

    ReplyDelete