Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Fun in the Sun

 So how hot has it been? Hot enough to dye wool on the deck.


Sort of. I did use the microwave to warm up the dye baths but I let the sun finish them off.



 It was 90 degrees and sunny on the day I did this.




 Not bad. The Texel X takes the dye in a weird way but it's kind of cool looking.



I've still got plenty of fiber and plenty of dye so now all I need are lots more hot, sunny days which are never in short supply around here in the summer. We are looking at 99 on Friday.

6 comments:

  1. I love to dye like this-very nice colors; I like the satiny finish on the wool, you are going to love spinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. They look HAPPY those fibers! Enjoy the heat! I am loving it! Chicago is finally warm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those beautiful colors. And what a great way to put that heat to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been warm here for us, especially being that it's only June. No rain either......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dyeing is always a good day to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! You found a good way to pass the hot day!

    ReplyDelete