Until you get to the fiddly part, that is. I happen to like the fiddly part. Good thing too-because there is lots of it.
There is a lot of knot tying and untying.
It's all worth it in the end when it works the way it should.
I don't have a bobbin winder so I had to do it by hand. I wind singles all the time when I spin with spindles so this was no different-only easier.
The first two rows of plain weave looked a little wibbly wobbly.
The biggest problem was the feet. I kept forgetting to use them.
This was a familiar problem from rigid heddle weaving. I didn't panic. I know how to unweave.
Following my instructor, I did some plain weave and some twill. There was a lot of unweaving to get it right but there is still lots of room for improvement. That uneven 1/3 twill is making me crazy. Learning to see the mistakes before you get to far from them is important I am discovering.
Throwing that shuttle was harder than it looks. It either got stuck halfway or it hit the floor.
The instructor told us not to worry about or fiddle with the selvages as they will be hidden. They still drove me nuts.
We even did some hemstitching when we started the actual project. I think this is right. I followed the instructor closely but it looks a little weird.
All things considered, this first attempt was too much fun. It was hard to walk away and go to bed. Little loom-I love you.