Friday, June 14, 2013

Curtains

My new sewing room has two windows that needed attention.


While shopping at Ikea a few weeks ago, I decided to buy some of their wild and crazy fabric and try to make myself a pair of curtains to brighten up the room. I bought 3 yards for $12. You can't beat that.


I haven't done this in years so I was just making it up as I went along. I had one curtain made when out of the blue The Mister decided to have all the windows and doors in the house replaced. The window guys will be coming on the 19th and I have to not only take all the curtains down but I have to move all the furniture 3 feet away from the windows.


 While that is a lot more work than I feel like doing, I am more than happy to be saying goodbye to this guy. This eyesore that has been my hideous front window for more than 20 years will soon be history. I not only will be able to crank open the sides of the new window for air, I will also be able to see out of it. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a big job. But you'll love your new windows.

    ReplyDelete