The mathematical equations I used a few weeks ago to successfully divide a bobbin into two equal halves was off to a promising start with more of the same fiber.
The only problem was that it didn't work. At. All. I had way too much left over on one bobbin.
I broke off the 2 singles feeding into the bobbin on the wheel so that one end was longer than the other. That would making splicing the ends with the leftovers easier, I hoped. I wound off the leftover bobbin with the ball winder so I would get a center pull ball.
The splicing went well and so did the spinning from both ends.
I held my breath when I got to the inner "guts". If you are going to get a tangle, this is where it will be.
Whew. I made it.
Now I have a teeny tiny skein that was supposed to get my next shawl started. The only problem with this is that I forgot it is a top down shawl and I wanted the darkest of the colors on the bottom. Doh....insert head smack here.